SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN Posting #85-2014 FULL-TIME SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN.
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL AND FOUR COUNTIES HEALTH SERVICES
The Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital and Four Counties Health Services in Newbury are partners in the Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA), a progressive, team oriented, and technologically adept organization of excellence. We are proud to provide quality, personalized care to the rural communities west and southwest of
The MHA Information Systems and Telecommunications (IST) Department currently has an opening for an entry level position as a FULL-TIME SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN.
The Service Desk Technician’s role is to answer and process Help desk requests and ensure proper computer and communications equipment operation. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, individual in-person assistance and hands-on help at the desktop level. Provide the highest level of customer service support to all staff, physicians, affiliates and the public. Perform administrative and reporting tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate clearly and effectively either electronically, by phone or in person with both technical and non-technical users experiencing difficulties in order to determine, resolve and document problems.
• Prioritizing and managing several open cases at once.
• Manage issues, problems and changes through helpdesk software.
• Manage deployment, administration and support for corporate desktops.
• Field incoming help requests from end users and place tickets in help desk software.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
• Perform hands on fixes, including software/hardware install and upgrade, implementing file backups and configuring system and applications.
• Perform troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Information sharing to enable users.
• A community college diploma in Information Systems or equivalent (2 or 3 years)
• Experience in a customer service focus oriented environment is required.
• You are self-directed, with exceptional interpersonal skills, and able to communicate effectively with hospital and medical staff.
• Your organizational, time management and multitasking skills will be the key to your success in this position
• Solid understanding and strong proficiency with software technologies and basic hardware.
• Strong Windows (XP and 7) and Software Application and hardware support (Word/Excel/Outlook)
• Ability to troubleshoot and manage desktops and laptops, Laser Printer set up, various internet browsers, Antivirus software, Anti-Malware software, printer and connectivity issues
• Responsible self-starter who is able to effectively plan and organize his/her own work
• Prioritizing and multitasking abilities and meeting deadlines
• Strong communication skills and command of the English language, written and verbal are required for this position
• Excellent customer service skills
• Extremely reliable and punctual
• Knowledge of Windows servers and experience with a ticketing system would both be an asset
• A solid basic skill set in Information Systems including Networking, MS Windows, computer hardware and MS Office combined with an eagerness to learn complex I.T. systems will allow you to help clinicians access the information they need to provide patient care.
This position will require working at both sites of the MHA. Possession of a valid class “G” driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
If you embrace change, are a customer service focused individual and are looking for a positive/challenging environment to build your career then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26, 2014
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|