Your Privacy is Important to Us. The Middlesex Hospital Alliance is committed to keeping your personal and health information safe and confidential. Your privacy is very important to us. We are currently reviewing and revising policies and procedures to further protect the privacy of your information.
What Type of Information Do We Collect about You?
To provide you with quality health care, we collect both personal and health information from you.
Your name, date of birth, address, Health Card Number and extended health insurance numbers are examples of personal information. Your health history, the records of your visits to the hospital and what health care we provide to you during those visits are examples of your health information.
How is Your Information Used?
The information we collect from you is used:
- To provide you with quality health care and follow up care in the community.
- To carry out quality assurance to help make us better.
- For patient satisfaction surveys to see how we are doing.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- For fundraising for equipment and facilities to provide you with the most modern health care services.
- For education and research to keep current health care practitioners up to date and to train new health care practitioners for the future
If your information is to be used for any other purpose, your specific permission would be required first.
Do We Share Your Information with Anyone?
The hospital shares your health information with health care providers at other hospitals, health care agencies, nursing homes, etc., who become part of your health care team for the purpose of your continuing care. Your information is shared with agencies that fund the hospitals, for example, OHIP, health insurance companies and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. Also, with provincial networks like Cancer Care Ontario www.cancercare.on.ca/ and Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS).
We may also provide personal information to hospital consultants, and professional advisors to assist the hospitals to function and provide care to our patients. What we share with these agencies is bound by law.
Visit www.swodin.ca to learn more on the sharing of your health information.
For more information contact the Privacy Officer at:
(519) 245-5295 x.5857