FCHS or SMGH Newbury or Strathroy, Ontario
Middlesex Hospital Alliance is pleased to assist other community and health organizations by facilitating health promotion activities and education and/or offering space to other organizations that do.
Need a Ride to these Support Programs?
The Four Counties Community Transit System operates a wheel-chair accessible bus available to the residents of the Four Counties area, including the counties of Elgin, Kent, Lambton and Middlesex. To reach dispatch or for more information, call 519-693-8604 or 1-800-724-3401.
The cost to take the Four Counties Transit bus is $8 per round trip within the FCHS catchment area. Trips can be dispatched through the program contacts also.
The Adult Day Centre
(FCHS Site only) operates three days per week, Tues-Wed-Thurs, 10am-3pm and includes hot lunch, whirlpool bath if desired, monthly footcare, other health checks, crafts, activities, music and guest speakers providing clients with health monitoring and information, leisure activities, socialization and fitness opportunities. Cost is $17 per day. Contact Linda McCann, 519-693-7111 ext 2443.
Alzheimer Day Away Program
(FCHS Site only) operates Friday, 10am-3pm, providing a safe, structured setting with activities aimed at maintaining optimum levels of functioning for Alzheimer clients. Cost per day is $17. Contact, Linda McCann 519-693-7111 ext 2443.
- The Arthritis Society offers consultations twice per month with an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist. For an appointment, contact the physiotherapy department at FCHS 519-693-7111 ext 2441, or SMGH 519-245-5295 ext 5503
- Friendly Visiting – A program offered by the VON, it matches volunteers with seniors for occasional home visits. To get additional information, please contact the VON at 264-9580 or 1-800-561-1666.
- Get Fit! Program (FCHS) – A Fitness Program offered by the physiotherapy department combines weight training and cardiovascular exercise in a circuit format. Each individual is taught safe exercise technique and given thorough instruction on how to weight train and use the equipment properly. Contact Jane in the physio dept for times and dates, 519 693-4441 (8am-4pm) Cost is $5.00 per class.
- Meals on Wheels – In partnership with VON, hot meals are made available through the MHA’s Nutrition and Food Services departments together with other community meal providers. Coordinated by the VON, and delivered by a team of community volunteers throughout the week, these hot meals are available to seniors and adults with disabilities throughout Middlesex County and beyond. For more information, please call the VON Meals on Wheels program at 519-245-6279 or Toll Free 1-800-561-1222.
- Parkinson’s Support Group (SMGH) For meeting times and days, contact SMGH Physiotherapy department , 519-245-1550 ext 5543
- The Regional Geriatric Assessment Team: offers clinical assessments for those with problems associated with aging. Loretta Bourke at 519-693-7111 ext 2462.
- Slow Stroke Assessment Program offers outreach assessments and access to the stroke program at Parkwood Hospital in London. Loretta Bourke at 519-693-7111 ext 2462.
- Supportive Housing Program (FCHS).The Supportive Housing program is for residents at Four Counties Community Villa (adjacent to the FCHS). The program offers personal care and homemaking assistance, by qualified Personal Support Workers, enabling frail elderly and the disabled to remain safely in their homes for as long as possible. For information, contact Linda Dunn, 519-693-7111 ext 2443 or you can access information about the program through the Ontario Community Care Access Centre website.