- SUMMER STUDENT INTERN #018- 2020
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL AND FOUR COUNTIES HEALTH SERVICES
Posting #018-2020 – SUMMER STUDENT INTERN POSITION – Information Systems Department –approximately 17-week placement
The Information Technology internship position has been created to leverage the talents of expected college or university graduates especially those with an interest in an information technology career post-graduation. This intern position will contribute to the completion of core IT activities and projects across the Information Technology department, with a focus on answering helpdesk, deploying workstations and imaging workstations.
Key Areas of Contribution
The IT Internship position(s) provide an outstanding opportunity for college students interested in a career in the technology field to gain valuable experience through a summer internship. The internship will provide hands on experience in real business activities with the expectation that the successful intern contributes to the completion of core activities and projects across the IT department.
Currently enrolled in a full-time college / university program
Other Required Qualifications:
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Computer Science, Computer Systems Technology, or similar education or experience
• Knowledge of operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
• Knowledge of computer hardware
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability effectively interact with managers and end users
• Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
• Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Effective ability to multi-task in order to handle multiple duties at the same time throughout the day
• Organizational skills critical
This position may require working at both sites of the MHA. Possession of a valid class “G” driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
If you embrace change, are a customer service focused individual and are looking for a positive/challenging environment to build your career then please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18, 2020
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|