Regular Part-time Unit Clerk #145-2020
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL SITE
REGULAR PART-TIME UNIT CLERK
• All shifts and rotations, as well as 0700-1100 and 1900-2300, and including weekends and Stat holidays
• Position available immediately
• Coordination of clinical and hospital unit communications
• Physician follow- up appointments
• Prepare charts, requisitions, reports, and unit data as required
• Order supplies
• Maintain filing system
• Perform other clerical duties, as necessary and/or requested such as transferring of patients to tests, taking samples to the lab.
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Secondary School Diploma required
• Graduate of a Medical Administrative Assistant program required or equivalent in job experience required
• Previous 2 years’ experience in a Unit Clerk position in a hospital Emergency setting within the last 3 years, required
• Computer skills in a “Windows” based environment, including Excel, Word, First Net and Access required
• Medical Terminology course required
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service oriented communication skills
• Self-directed and demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a busy environment
• Demonstrate good attendance
• Understanding and use of good body mechanics
*THE MHA IS A FRAGRANCE FREE ENVIRONMENT*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume to Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 1, 2020.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
Accommodations are available upon request for interviews and other selection processes.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|