FULL-TIME SAFETY OFFICER #198-2019
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
FOUR COUNTIES HEALTH SERVICES
FULL-TIME SAFETY OFFICER
• Position available immediately
Main Responsibilities include:
• This position encompasses primary responsibilities for:
o organizational occupational health and safety;
o emergency preparedness; and
• Coordinate the development, implementation and maintenance of the Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA) occupational health and safety program to ensure organizational compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Responsible for identification and notification of general safety hazards, assessing risk, interpreting legislation and providing corrective actions to minimize risk to staff.
• Provide training and information as required to varying levels of the organization in consultation with the leaders, teams and the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Review incident reports, perform investigations, develop corrective actions and complete follow ups. Summarize and analyze the data for trends and suggest appropriate course of action.
• Chair the Emergency Preparedness Committee to coordinate the development, practice and response to Emergency Response Codes and establish business cases where requested for the purchase of emergency preparedness equipment and supplies.
• Perform regular testing of the MHA’s emergency plan and investigate and review emergency response events to identify opportunities for improvement based on observation and post-drill analysis and debriefing.
• Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the MHA security program by performing investigations where necessary and making recommendations for greater staff security measures.
• Work with external stakeholders to assist in security matters involving the MHA
• Develop control measures and safe work plans involving situations where an identified risk has been brought to the attention of the organization.
To be successful in this position you will have:
• Graduate of an Occupational Health and Safety Diploma or Diploma in another related discipline required.
• Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) designation is preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, in a health and safety capacity, preferably in a unionized healthcare sector.
• Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal and organization skills
• Excellence in attendance
• Demonstrated use of good body mechanics
• Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation as travel is required between sites
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 22, 2019
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of a job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|