Executive Assistant to President & CEO, Coordinator Board Affairs Job Posting
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Posting for Executive Assistant to President & CEO, Coordinator Board Affairs
The Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA) is looking for a dynamic and charismatic Executive Assistant (EA). The individual will be a high energy, organized, pro-active, enthusiastic, digitally savvy professional. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in this highly respected organization. You will be a trusted partner to the President & CEO.
The MHA is made up of two partner sites; Four Counties Health Services (FCHS) and Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital (SMGH). FCHS is a modern primary acute care hospital located in the Village of Newbury, at the intersection of Lambton, Kent, Middlesex, and Elgin Counties (halfway between London and Chatham), serving approximately 23,000 residents. SMGH serves a population of approximately 35,000 residents. It is located 40 km west of the City of London. SMGH is a full service community hospital providing a comprehensive range of medical, surgical, diagnostic and ambulatory care services.
You derive pride and satisfaction from ensuring that the busy executive with whom you partner is exceptionally effective in leading all areas of his responsibility internal to the organization and as a leader externally. You are interested and experienced in governance and ensuring that the hospital’s Board of Trustees carries out its responsibilities to a standard of excellence and efficiency at all times.
The EA is outstanding at anticipating needs that the CEO doesn’t even know he has; bringing a “customer service” orientation to every interaction with both internal and external stakeholders. The EA recognizes her/his impact in representing the CEO’s reputation and that of the Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA) with everything she/he does.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO the Executive Assistant manages the day-to-day activities of the CEO’s office and provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President.
Key activities include:
• Proactive calendar management of an extremely active calendar, including providing a brief to the President & CEO on the objectives and key agenda items in preparation for each meeting
• Coordinates agendas, and dispatches meeting invitations and agendas, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and other requirement in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation
• Provides a bridge for smooth and effective communication and liaise directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members and both internal and external constituents
• Receives, routes and responds to correspondence
• Manages phone calls, and prioritizes phone messages and mail and handles all phone calls/inquiries with grace and professionalism
• Serves as gatekeeper, liaison and barometer to the President & CEO and as such will oversee access to the President & CEO’s time and office
• Understands the complexities of the CEO’s environment internally and externally and will be able to respond or support the CEO as necessary given a range of potentially challenging and sensitive situations
• Prepares draft briefing notes, presentations and other documents on behalf of the CEO
• Acts as a barometer and works closely and effectively with the President to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
You have direct responsibility (in partnership with the CEO) for coordinating and overseeing the Board of Directors responsibilities and duties. You stay abreast of hospital governance requirements required by the Public Hospitals Act (and regulations) through continuing education (e.g. as provided by the Ontario Hospital Association) and by maintaining excellent relationships with peers.
As Coordinator of Board Affairs, you will ensure the effective and efficient running of the board and its committees (along with the CEO).
Qualifications/Education and Skills:
• Minimum of five (5) years of administrative experience in a healthcare environment or providing support at an executive level
• Exceptional organization and time management skills in a fast paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to details
• Ability to exercise professional judgement and be highly resourceful
• Outstanding ability to multi task and collaborate effectively
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
• Demonstrate excellence in in drafting communications, documents and presentations
• Emotional maturity
• Flexible and adaptable to change
• Ability to flex hours – long hours/evenings
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office Suite MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• Current drivers license and vehicle
• Ability to remain highly motivated, resilient, innovative, and collaborative
• Engaging personality
• Proven ability to prioritize and adapt to changing demands and deadlines,
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential materials with a high degree of tact, integrity and discretion.
• Highly resourceful team player who can work effectively and independently.
To be considered for this exciting leadership opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence by mail or email no later than 3:00 pm EST January 17, 2020 to:
Todd Stepanuik, President & CEO
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, ON N7G 3J4
We welcome the application of any and all individuals who are excited to contribute to our positive workplace culture. Making a commitment to not just what we do but how we do it is a philosophy that is a primary focus at MHA — as a health care organization, a major area employer, and a community resource. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required for this position.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|