VP FINANCE/CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO Posting #001 – 2015 VP FINANCE/CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
Posting #001 – 2015
VP FINANCE/CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
The Middlesex Hospital Alliance (MHA) is looking for a VP Finance/CFO to join the senior leadership team. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in this highly respected organization.
We are seeking an individual who is dedicated to the measurement of performance and financial reporting with a clear focus on developing financial objectives in alignment with the MHA’s vision, strategic direction and goals. The VP Finance is also responsible for the ongoing development and adaptation of the financial systems to respond to the ever changing funding environment, support the organization’s fiscal strategy and meet external reporting requirements. You will work in collaboration with the senior leadership team and managers to plan and implement processes to ensure an effective budgeting process. You will also participate and/or lead various leadership and regional committees with external stakeholders and partners. You must possess a thorough understanding of the healthcare environment: broad experience with a full range of functions, systems, and support and allied health services, forecasting needs, and securing new funding. The individual will also assist in the development of short and long range operational and capital plans.
As a critical member of the MHA’s senior leadership team reporting to the President & CEO, the VP Finance will be a trusted partner to the CEO and will provide expert counsel and direct the fiscal operations, provide clear, concise financial information, and make sound, educated decisions for the organization as well as participate in the organization’s financial and operational decision-making processes.
As CFO you will provide guidance and counsel to the senior leadership team in all financial and business affairs; ensure the achievement of current and long-range goals and provide board direction and guidance for all activities in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Lead the organization through the annual process to develop the Hospital Accountability planning submission (HAPS & H-SAA) as well as the Community Annual Planning Submission (CAPS & M-SAA)
- Act as the liaison to the Finance & Audit Committee of the Board
- Lead the ongoing implementation and transition of Health System Funding Reform Initiatives at MHA
- Provide leadership and direction to the SMGH Quality Based Procedure (QBP) strategy
- Oversight with regard to areas of borrowing, investments, business case development, LEAN and process improvements
- Senior leader responsible for functional leadership for Finance, Information Systems and Telecommunications, Material Management, Health Records, Maintenance, Housekeeping, Nutrition and Food Services, Rehabilitation, Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratory Services
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years financial/accounting progressive managerial experience preferably as a VP Finance or equivalent experience within a hospital environment, together with a CPA (CGA,CMA,CA) designation. You are a team player possessing high integrity, confidence and maturity with a proven ability to initiate and develop relationships with partners and the community. You have a proven track record of process improvement in the areas of forecasting, planning and variance analysis based on analytical rigor and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships with clinical and administrative leaders across the organization
- Strong leader with excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Self-directed and able to make decisions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities through highly developed time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong strategic skills
- Highest personal and professional standards of ethics and integrity
- The ability to forge collaborative relationships with the internal team, board and external constituents is essential to this role
- Successful track record of leveraging systems and technology to enhance financial analysis and provide deepened business insights to the Senior Leadership Team
- Proactive in nature
- Track record of motivating teams for results
- Experience presenting to Board of Directors in a clear and concise style
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity at the MHA, please submit your letter of interest and CV to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4 pm EST on Thursday, January 29, 2015.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of a job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|