Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner (Adult) Posting #006-2015 Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner (Adult)
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital
Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner (Adult)
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital’s community includes the town of Strathroy, the main urban centre of Strathroy-Caradoc Township. The Hospital is only a short drive to London, Sarnia and the beautiful beaches of Lake Huron in Ontario, including Grand Bend and the Pinery Provincial Park.
Patient care is provided across the spectrum of illness: critical illness, acute, and sub-acute.
Reporting to the COO/CNE, the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)/Nurse Practitioner (N/P) works within the framework of advanced nursing practice MHA supports the NP/CNS’s full scope of practice for clinical care, and the advanced practice role in education, research & administration. The CNS/NP collaborates with Family Doctors, Surgeons, Internists, Nursing staff, Interdisciplinary Health Team, and associated services to enhance patient care, ensure continuity of care, connect with families and improve outcomes of both inpatient and outpatient populations. The CNS/NP provides leadership in the management of various patient populations with the goal of exemplary patient care and positive family experience.
Key roles include:
• Provision of care to hospital non-doctored inpatients and Low acuity ER patients in an advanced practice role which includes clinical decisions, and provision of care in collaboration with assigned physicians.
• Creating and providing education and support to healthcare providers as well as patients and there families.
• Delivering, coordinating and participating in education and professional development activities and programs; and performing activities to further develop and strengthen the nursing profession
• Masters Degree in Nursing (MScN) and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Adult) certificate
• Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario: Registered Nurse Certificate of Competence with Extended Class Registration (Adult)
• College of Nurses of Ontario Nurse Practitioner examinations
• Current BLS for Healthcare Providers course: BLS-HCP(C); ACLS, PALS or NRP, as it pertains to practice
• Minimum five (5) years recent nursing experience preferably with acute medical and surgical patient population, with demonstrated ability to carry out relevant clinical practice skills
• Current member of Nurse Practitioners’ Associate of Ontario (NPAO) through Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO)
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel, Internet, Power Chart and GroupWise
• Ability to provide leadership to oversee the work of other staff, and provide guidance and mentorship as required
• Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated excellence in clinical practice and clinical teaching
• Demonstrated clinical research expertise – knowledge of basic research designs, measurement techniques and statistical methods
• Demonstrated advanced skills in critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution
• Demonstrated excellence as a role model for clinical leadership while portraying a professional image
• Effective organizational, conceptual and leadership skills
• Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, professional practice & program development/evaluation tools
• Ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team
• Proven ability to be self-directed and function independently
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt positively to constantly changing clinical situations
• Demonstrated use of theory and research/evidence based outcomes in practice
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in change theory and adult learning principles
• Demonstrated knowledge of & commitment to the principles of patient & family centered care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by MHA’s Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 12, 2015
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|