REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE Posting #006 – 2018 CASUAL PART – TIME REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
Posting #006 – 2018
CASUAL PART – TIME REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE – OPERATING ROOM/SDC – Two Positions
• all shifts including weekends and on call rotation – with 20 minute response time required
• positions available immediately
• B.C.L.S. Essential
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Completion of or current enrollment in the OR RPN Certification Program
• Minimum of 5 (Five) years operating room experience with specific knowledge and ability in orthopaedic (hip and knee replacement) and ENT surgery required. Current knowledge of general perioperative care requirements, an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of role of scrub position, instrument processing and sterility standards.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ORNAC standards of practice.
• Evidence of ongoing professional development and self-directed learning
• Demonstrated ability to assess concurrent demands, set priorities, organize work and maintain accuracy and concentration during periods of high activity.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an active member of the health care team.
• Understanding and use of good body mechanics.
• Computer Skills in a Windows environment, including Microsoft Word
• Demonstrated Excellence in Attendance
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity are asked
to submit a resume to email@example.com no
later than January 22, 2018
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|