Service Desk Technician Posting #09-2017
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL AND
FOUR COUNTIES HEALTH SERVICES
The MHA Information Systems and Telecommunications (IST) Department currently has an opening for an entry level position as a FULL-TIME SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the IST Service Manager you will be involved in a changing and challenging environment. You will be responsible for ensuring a high-level of customer service while providing first level IT and communications service desk support to all end-users within the MHA.
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Managing user accounts and helpdesk requests in our helpdesk ticketing system
• Identification of problems, resolution and escalation of issues
• On call rotation
• General IT, clerical tasks and reporting are other responsibilities within this role.
• Install, set up and troubleshoot all aspects of user desktops, software, cell phones and desk phones.
• Conduct technical support in line with documented procedures. Identify improvements to documentation and implement and communicate as necessary
• Co-ordinate and physically set up computer and phone facilities for new hires, liaising with HR and other teams, to ensure that equipment is ready for new hires.
• Orientation and training of IST policies for new hires.
• A community college diploma in Information Systems or equivalent
• Be self-motivated, approachable and flexible. Be enthusiastic about providing the best possible service and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize IT support requests according to urgency and importance whilst remaining calm and focused;
• Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) with a good telephone manner and strong relationship building skills.
• A solid basic skill set in Information Systems including Networking, MS Windows, computer hardware and MS Office combined with an eagerness to learn complex I.T. systems will allow you to help clinicians access the information they need to provide patient care.
This position will require working at both sites of the MHA. Possession of a valid class “G” driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
If you embrace change, are a customer service focused individual and are looking for a positive/challenging environment to build your career then please submit your resume to email@example.com by February 13, 2017.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|