Registered Nurse Posting #176 – 2018 Regular Full-Time Registered Nurse – Diabetes Education Program
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
Posting # 176 – 2018
REGULAR FULL-TIME REGISTERED NURSE
DIABETES EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Diabetes Nurse Educator provides diabetes care, patient education and preventative treatment including assessment, group education, inpatient and outpatient individual counseling to adults with Pre-diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. The position provides Registered Nurse support to both MHA hospital sites (SMGH & FCHS) and to offsite clinics within partner communities.
The position may include evenings and/or weekends on occasion. The Incumbent should be prepared to travel between hospital sites and community outreach locations.
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Demonstrates knowledge of diabetes and experience with diabetic patient teaching including facilitation group education sessions
• Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred
• Demonstrates effective interviewing, written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
• Demonstrates value and personal success in collaborative team work
• Demonstrates comfort and confidence in working independently
• Demonstrates good organizational and prioritization skills
• Demonstrates initiative in ongoing professional development
• Experience in patient care planning, implementation and evaluation
• Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment and applied knowledge of Cerner EPR
• Possess a valid Class G driver’s license and have own means of transportation.
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 21, 2018.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of a job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|