Student Posting #57 – 2018 TEMPORARY FULL TIME SUMMER STUDENT OPPORTUNITY HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital Site
Posting #57 – 2018
TEMPORARY FULL TIME SUMMER STUDENT OPPORTUNITY – HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT For approximately 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
Position available: Immediately
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital (SMGH) serves a population of approximately 35,000 residents in the second fastest growing township in Ontario. The hospital’s community includes the Town of Strathroy, a bustling urban centre of 12,500 with a vibrant downtown of quaint shops, restaurants and services. Surrounded by rich agricultural farmland, Strathroy is home to many London and Sarnia commuters and offers small town life amenities: a pleasant walk to many beautiful parks and nature trails; a strong sense of community; a mix of gracious century homes and modern housing; good schools and shopping. The hospital is only a short drive to London, Sarnia and the beautiful beaches of Lake Huron.
SMGH is a full service family-centred community hospital providing a comprehensive range of diagnostic and ambulatory services, as well as both primary and secondary care.
The hospital operates 54 acute care beds along with a comprehensive range of diagnostic and outpatient services. Medical staffing includes a number of active local family physicians, internists, surgeons and specialists. Total staffing for the hospital including full-time and part-time staff is approximately 300.
Learning opportunities, responsibilities and expectations:
• Opportunity to assist in the recruitment process from the HR perspective including gathering resumes, reference checking and setting up files and staff
• Opportunity to observe the creation of elearning modules and run reports on the same
• Opportunity to gain understanding of the provincial hospital disability insurance program in operation, generate related reports and letters
• Opportunity to understand quality indicators, what they mean and why they are important
• Candidate will gain understanding of the employee’s journey from hire to retirement and the tasks required in HR for each of these steps.
• Candidate will gain understanding of processes in a unionized environment through discussion and case review
• Must provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
• Must provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing within the previous 12 months
• Must be a recent graduate of Human Resources programme and working towards CHRP Designation
• Demonstrated proficient computer skills, including all components of Microsoft Office (2010)
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills
• Self-directed, with attention to detail
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team atmosphere
• Demonstrate good use of body mechanics
• Understanding and adherence to strict confidentiality of information
• Ability to focus, prioritize and multi task
Must be available Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
No Public Transport
Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital partners with Four Counties Health Services to form the Middlesex Hospital Alliance.
How to apply:
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume
by email to email@example.com no later than May 17, 2018
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates,
as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months prior to commencing employment.
*Accommodations are available on request for interviews
and other selection processes*
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|