Nurse Practitioner Posting #77 – 2016
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
Four Counties Health Services Site
Posting #77 – 2016
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME NURSE PRACTITIONER – to cover a leave for approximately one year
Four Counties Health Services (FCHS) is a small community hospital located in the village of Newbury, mid way between London and Chatham in Southwestern Ontario. The hospital is an accredited active care hospital, providing comprehensive primary care and selected secondary care services to approximately 20,000 residents of the four corners of Middlesex, Elgin, Chatham-Kent and Lambton Counties.
The Nurse Practitioner role has two areas of primary responsibility which include:
• Provision of care to hospital non-doctored inpatients in an advanced practice role which includes clinical decisions and provision of care in collaboration with assigned physician
• Partner with the hospital to develop and provide collaborative ambulatory programs (existing programs include telepsychiatry, memory clinic, respirology, & long term care).
• Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner certification or eligible for certification.
• Current or eligible for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, RN (EC)
• 5 years relevant nursing experience
• Professional competency incorporating current and relevant knowledge and research findings into clinical practice.
• Demonstrated ability to function independently and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team
• Strong and demonstrated organizational skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
• Demonstrated leadership as a change agent and supports advancement of nursing practice within the organization.
• Mentoring and precepting professional staff and students
• Professional memberships and liability insurance
• Computer skills in a Windows environment
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 10, 2016
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|