PART-TIME DIABETES NURSE EDUCATOR Posting #78-2014 PART-TIME DIABETES NURSE EDUCATOR
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
PART-TIME DIABETES NURSE EDUCATOR
Diabetes Education Program
• Position Available Immediately
• Flexible schedule – may include evenings and/or weekends on occasion.
Work with an interdisciplinary team within his/her scope of professional practice to support the development and provision of the Diabetes Education Program. The Diabetes Nurse Educator provides diabetes care, patient education and preventative treatment including assessment, group education, inpatient and outpatient individual counseling to adults with Pre-diabetes, Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
• Possess current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) preferred
• Experience in diabetes education and willingness to obtain CDE required
• Demonstrated skills in facilitating groups, team skills, and effective communication required
• Demonstrated good organizational skills, with an ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated initiative in improving work skills and processes
• Experience in patient care planning, implementation and evaluation required
• Demonstrated excellence in attendance
• Understanding and use of good body mechanics
• Proficient computer skills in a Windows environment
• Possess a valid Class G driver’s license and have own means of transportation. Incumbent should be prepared to travel between sites on a weekly basis.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity may submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10, 2014
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of a job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 12 months.
Accommodations are available on request for interviews and other selection processes
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|