VOLUNTEER VOLUNTEER POSITIONS – MEAL BUDDY
Middlesex Hospital Alliance
MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL ALLIANCE
STRATHROY MIDDLESEX GENERAL HOSPITAL
FOUR COUNTIES HEALTH SERVICES
MEAL BUDDY – VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
Department: Speech Language Pathology and Clinical Nutrition
• Program runs daily Monday through Friday for Lunch and Supper Shifts on Patient Units
• Volunteer minimum commitment would be one shift per week
• Positions available: Immediately
The Meal Buddy Volunteer Position is a Senior Friendly Initiative designed to reduce the prevalence or risk of patient malnutrition during hospital stay. To minimize some of the common barriers that reduce patient oral intake throughout their hospital stay.
Volunteers participating in the Meal Buddy Program will assist patients by:
• Opening packages
• Cutting food if requested by patient
• Adding condiments if requested by patient (e.g. cream/sugar to coffee/tea, pepper to soup, etc.)
• Placing food in reach of patient
• Cueing and encouraging patient to eat and drink
• Providing socialization
• Notifying staff if their food tray was unexpectedly not delivered or received the wrong meal tray
• Notifying staff if the patient is requesting other food or drink
• Notifying staff if they observe any issues with swallowing
NO FEEDING OR POSITIONING OF THE PATIENT. AT NO TIME IS A VOLUNTEER TO ENTER A PATIENT ROOM WHICH IS IDENTIFIED AS AN ISOLATION AREA.
*The MHA is a FRAGRANCE FREE environment*
Applicants for this Volunteer Position are required to complete the standard Volunteer on boarding process, which includes providing a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening and Immunization Screening.
Individuals interested in this volunteer opportunity may email email@example.com or call 519 – 245 – 5295 Extension 5595
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you have difficulty submitting your application through our online application form, please call
|Employment Standards Act S. 15|
|Personal Information is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act S. 15 and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Middlesex Hospital Alliance. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department, 395 Carrie Street, Strathroy, Ontario N7G 3J4 519-245-1550 x.5941.|