Given the continued spread of COVID‐19 in the community, MHA has approved a change to our Visitor policy.
Effective January 15, 2021, the revised policy allows for preapproved essential visitors only.
The following essential visit request process is for non COVID‐19 patients who would greatly benefit from an in person visit:
- All essential visit requests for patients who are not COVID‐19 positive must be approved by the unit manager. Essential visits will be approved on a case‐by‐case basis.
- Visitors will NOT be permitted to eat or drink during their visit
- Visitors MUST wear the medical mask provided to them and this MUST be worn at ALL times while visiting the patient.
- Hand hygiene and proper mask wearing will be reviewed with each patient visit.
- Visits will be with the same individual.
- Visits will be restricted to only one visit per day and this must be scheduled in advance. Maximum 2 per week (can be reviewed at the discretion of the Patient Care Manager and the patient care team). The Patient Care Manager, in collaboration with the patient care team, will determine the length and location of the visit.
If you have any questions about the visiting hours policy, please ask a member of your care team.