Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 virus, we have implemented a stricter policy to restrict the number of people in the Hospital.
Patients are asked to bring their own mask.
MHA values the role of family members and other visitors as essential partners in care delivery and we remain committed to patient and family-centered care.
Effective Wednesday July 22, 2020, the following process and visitor restrictions are being implemented:
- Admitted patients will identify a single family member or visitor who will be coming to hospital for the duration of the patient’s stay.
- Only the designated individual will be able to visit
- The list of designated visitors will be at the front door screening desk.
- Family/visitors coming to hospital to visit a patient will be required to:
- Pass the screening criteria at the visitor entrance and obtain approval for entry. If a potential visitor fails the most up to date screening criteria, they will be restricted from entering.
- Wear a Visitor Sticker while in hospital that will be provided at the screening desk.
- Wear a mask and perform hand hygiene as directed at the entrance screening desk
- Family/visitors must be at least 18 years of age
|PATIENT POPULATION||FAMILY MEMBER/ VISITOR PRESENCE PERMITTED||DURATION/FREQUENCY OF VISIT|
|Women in labor||1 designated support person||For duration of stay|
|Palliative||1 designated family member/visitor||Daily visit for duration of stay|
|Surgery/Medicine admitted patients||1 designated family member/visitor||One visit per day for duration of stay|
|Emergency Department, when deemed necessary||1 accompanying family member/support person||For ED stay only|
|Pediatric Patient ( under age 18)||1 designated family member||For duration of stay|
If you have any questions about the visiting hours policy, please ask a member of your care team.